Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A letter edged in black....

Well its been a long day and as the night finally comes to an end I find myself at my computer listening to a little Johnny cash, inspired to write some of my scattered thoughts down so here goes nothing! Have you ever been really good at something but yet people tell you that "its just not for you"? In different ways that has been me this past year. For some reason the LORD used Target and the people I worked with to change my life in a radical way. When it came to the ways of Target and the vision they have and the direction they are going hit me really hard for some reason. Within in that I was growing in ways I never thought possible and began to pick up on everything very easily. Target invested into me and I become good at what I was doing but yet all of my friends kept telling me that Target wasn't for me. Its weird how I found something that I was great at but yet every was sayin "NO". My friends tell me that though out of love and know that my heart is passionate about a great deal of things more than Target could offer so in no way am I hating on them. Its just weird how it all worked out I guess. But I am thankful for where I am at but yet my heart still misses those at store 248. When it comes down to it I guess its the people that changed my life forever, not necessarily Target. Now im here at CBU again and I hope I can make as much of an impact on the students and faculty here just as much as those who impacted my life at Target. Every thing definitely happens for a reason and nothing is by mistake. My hope and prayer for this school year is that my actions would scream out Jesus Christ to people. That I would reach outside of my comfort zone and do what is right. To go sit and talk life with people in the caf other than my comfortable group of friends. To extend a helping hand to those who are hurting around me in the community I live in. I pray that the love of Christ would flood this campus and wash over all who encounter all who step foot on this campus. I hope to reach the weak in spirit, the "outcast" of our "Christian"society, to love the condemned and help model the grace that was given to us through the Cross! "Its your kindness Lord that leads us to repentance"! I pray that our critical hearts and minds would overshadow the grace that You have given us and that we would mimic that grace to others that You have so graciously given to us. To love in word is simply not enough, I pray that we would love in action through conversations about life and through actions that no one else may recognize but You Lord. May I seek You and study the life you lived here on earth and put into practice the things that You have revealed to me. Help me to love the lame, weak, poor and less fortunate Father. Its only through You that any of this is possible. Ill patiently wait to exercise these thoughts and feelings....

No comments: