Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm still here...

It has been a very long time since I have last blogged, mainly its because my life has been very fast paced and hectic but in a good way for once. Life out in Arizona is going really well. My job is great, the people I work with are fantastic, my RA's rule and my GA is pretty cool too. I started my Masters about a month ago now and that definitely takes up some of my free time. I don't really like school but this is an opportunity that GOD has given me so I am trying to take advantage of it. My first class is a 600 level class called Business Ethics. And so far for me it has been very challenging. It is my first business class ever and its all on line so it challenges me in many ways. But I like the class a lot, I just hope I pass it : )
With all that being said and going on in my life still comes one of the most important things in my life, my relationship with Ruth. Things are going very well for us. I just got back from Texas with her and her family and had a great time. The struggle of long distance challenges us both at times and at times have not been fun but GOD has been good. We are continuing to learn more and more about each other and are level of communication continues to grow.
So all in all things are going very well. Soon it will be Christmas break and I'll be back in Cali for a bit. Hopefully that will allow time to reflect back on the year and whats ahead of me.
But I read a friends blog the other day and it was a great post about getting back to the basics . And for a simple guy like me it really hit home. The only thing that didn't sit well was the thought of "living simply". It made me think about Christ and His life and it made me wonder what this life of faith would be like if He had lived this life simply. I don't know if I am taking all of this out of context of what my friend meant but I don't feel that we are called to live simply but more radically! And I don't mean that in a crazy, destructive way. I mean it in a way that was the same as the way Christ lived. To live in a way that was bold and went against the grain of the culture of that day. To be a vibrant light for Christ in such a dark world. Living simply may make our life a bit easier but it won't change this world for HIS name.
His burden is easy and HIS yoke is light. May we follow Christ in a way that is truly glorifying to HIM and figure out what it truly means to have Joy in HIS calling. It may not always be easy following Christ in the world that we live in today but there is always joy in the Lord and we should live this life filled with it!

2 comments:

Becks said...

Hey, wow, is that a new blog I see? Hooray! Thanks for the new thoughts, Big Game. I'm really glad we got to chat not too long ago, and even more glad that you will be home soon! We have to plan a hang out for a bunch of us this time for sure. Cuz last time it was just sad days that we all missed each other!!

See ya soon...

Andrew said...

thats great to hear