Monday, March 26, 2007

a thousand times I've failed, still Your mercy remains...




So yesterday I arrived back in good ol Riverside from my ten day trip to Utah. I have so many thoughts and feelings when it comes to my time spent in Utah that one blog would not do my experience there justice. So ill just write a little bit here and there to give the scoop of what went on while there. We spent most of our time in Ogden, Utah which is a nice little town just north of Salt Lake City. It was a nice change of scenery for me and it felt nice to have that small town feeling once again. The pace of life out there in Utah is way slow in comparison to Cali and I loved it. But with all that being said the vibe of being a Christian in a dominant LDS area was quite an experience. Even though our trip was in America, the feeling of not being wanted around was very evident to me as well as the rest of my team. I have never really felt like a foreigner before in my own country but in Utah I did. Which is kind of weird. But overall is was neat to see what God was doing in Utah through the believers there. I was able to see authentic, faithful believers which weren't afraid to share the Good News with anyone who wanted to hear, especially the Mormon believers. I was highly impressed and encouraged by them. And within that I was challenged to go out and share the Gospel with those who were in need of it, which seemed like everyone I came in contact with. Here in America I think we forget to constantly be sharing the Good News that we know. For some odd reason we only want to share Christ with those over seas. But I learned that people here in America are just as lost as the rest of the world. And in Utah the deception and lies that have been told to these people sadden my heart. My eyes were opened to what the LDS church actually stands for and how it works. And my heart was broken for the LDS believers. This hit me the hardest when we traveled to BYU for the day. 30 thousand people, following a false GOD and false Jesus. Their eyes and heart completely blinded by the church. The campus itself was beautiful but the reality is that eternal damnation was walking around that campus and it took away from its beauty. But that's how the LDS church is. All outside beauty. Their buildings are amazing, their communities are very nice but inside they are all empty and there is no beauty. And that's why its so important to constantly be sharing Christ with all who will hear. The LDS people are not horrible people they are just deceived and the love of the true Jesus Christ will hopefully open their eyes and hearts to the real Truth! So hopefully my team and I were able to show just of glimpse of who the real GOD is and His everlasting love. If one person was moved by that, then our trip was well worth it!

No comments: