Thursday, March 29, 2007

here I am, humbled by the love that You give... forgiven so that I can forgive...


So one thing that I have had been blessed with lately is the opportunity to lead worship both here at CBU with In His Image Week and in Utah at the Salt Lake City Rescue Mission and a local High School in Ogden. It was about 7 years ago when I first picked up a guitar. It was an instrument that I always loved because when I was little my Dad use to play it for me whenever I was back in Indiana. So as I stuck with the guitar these past 7 years I began to slowly get better through a lot of practice and playing with really good people. Then eventually I was able to put my gift of playing guitar to good use and started leading worship here and there. I think the first time I actually got to lead a worship time was up at Pine Summit. But back then I was really nervous to play and sing in front of people so most of the time I would play and I would have my best bud Steven sing. Eventually though it started to eat at me when it came to the reason why I was afraid to sing while leading worship. I use to be really self conscious of how I sounded and how other people would view me by my singing. But eventually the Lord convicted my heart and it hit me hard that it doesn't matter how I sound to other people. Worshiping is so much more than a nice voice. And finally I realized that. So with all that being said the Lord started to open up doors for me to lead worship and for once in my life I actually walked through those doors and I am so glad I did. My ability to lead worship is truly a gift from God and who am I to not glorify Him in return with that gift. And in Utah I was blessed to lead worship for a group of homeless men at the Rescue Mission. And to hear those men worship the same God that I do was amazing. My heart was truly touched by hearing their voices sing to the King. Amazing Grace never sounded so good as it did that day from the lips of those people. And to think that I would of never had that chance to hear those men sing if I allowed myself and own fears to get in the way. I learned a lot in Utah about not letting myself get in the way of what God was going to do. So praise be to the Maker of Heaven and Earth and don't worry Josh, we haven't forgotten about you man. Keep fighting the good fight bro!

2 comments:

rosie said...

It is soo good to read your word frined. I miss you too. Where in Arizona will you be?

Keith said...

Hey Brother, long time. I remember those mornings at 6 am when you would strum your axe while Steven sang. I miss those times. It is good to hear that you are playing fluently and ferverently. Never quit worshipping!

On another note, I bought a tumba and have been playing percussion pretty regularly. If you ever want to jam, I am only 25 minutes away.