Monday, May 08, 2006

Process Of Thoughts....

Well, once again life has creeped up on me and has overloaded my brain to the point to where its hard to sleep again. Sometimes my brain is thinking so much that I cant get a good nights rest and I wake up tired even though I slept the night away. But I guess this time its a little different for me, im actually doing something with my life. Im not just sitting around waiting for life to happen. Im not waiting for the "voice of GOD" to break through the clouds to tell me what to do. Too many times as believers we do nothing with life becuase we are waiting on God's will. We are trying so hard to find out what God's will is for our life we end up doing nothing with life itself. We search and search but seem to come up empty. For me this excuse is no long valid when it comes to life. Being complacent and "waiting on His will" in no way shape or form is doing His will, its actually quite the opposite. God did give us the power of choice. And we can choose to do nothing or we can choose to do something. Part of me truly believes that it doesnt matter what you do, that He just wants to see if we will take the initiative to do something with our lives. If we are truly focused on Him and actively living a life that is changing others eternally, then we are doing His will, no matter where you're at location wise or job wise.... My roommate said that in his ethics class the other day they were talking about people that quit their jobs to join the ministry. Him and I kind of laughed about that becuase its an oxymoron. I think thats what most people think though, but if we are kingdom focused all the time, any job we do would be our ministry... Then comes the struggle of where to go, what choice will be the right one. And basically if we base our decision on the right principles of what we believe any choice will be the right one. We serve a big GOD, no matter where we are He will meet us, thats what is great about our God. The key though is remember who He is and His attributes. He is soveriegn, He is immutable, forever unchanging, do we really think that our little lives will screw up His sovereign will? I highly doubt that.... He calls us to be active followers not complacent believers that wait for Him to make our choices for us. He gives us the passions and desires of our hearts, let those things guide your choices with what you do in life. But remember, those things He places on our hearts our made to glorify Him, not please our selfish hearts. He wants us to live a life that pleases Him and sitting on our butts "waiting" is not pleasing to Him.... Stop waiting for life to happen and start making life happen. You would be amazed how much more you will see God moving in your life when you just choose to take action.

No comments: